Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fowlrock
Oct 2, 2003
NickBlasta gave me herpes
Hi all...long time reader, first time poster in this piece of intarweb history.

My question is for Gizmo or MyNameIsJeff...
would it be possible for either of you to call FedEx now to verify that he has, in fact, paid the taxes on it? I just kinda wonder if he does want the powerbook so bad (scam or not)...why did he take his sweet time paying the taxes for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fowlrock
Oct 2, 2003

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:

HAHAHA You have to get those glasses with the big fake nose and mustache!

If Starbucks wore those, in front of the store and someone got a picture....I would pay greatly to see it...

fowlrock
Oct 2, 2003

quote:

rhig came out of the closet to say:
OK I'm going to see if I can find a cafe I can get the videos/pictures online with, I'm getting the coach home at 4 so if theres nothing on in the next 2 hours they wont be online till 9-9:30GMT

You have some huge marbles, rhig. I would have been shaking and drat near pissing myself in your situation....good work.

fowlrock
Oct 2, 2003

quote:

rhig came out of the closet to say:

Hell I was, when I heard him opening the powerbook i was stiffling laughter while making GBS threads myself. I didn't dare risk getting a picture though, he'd likely have seen.

Another thing I forgot all the computers seem to be running that khooker program, before people were wondering whether it was a keylogger part of the scam or a driver or something. I dont think its likely to be anything to do with the scam although its very possible, it might be a keylogger though I remember using one with that name a few years ago.

Where was Starbucks in all of this? Did he pass out from the "special of the day" breakfast again?

fowlrock
Oct 2, 2003

quote:

lapsey came out of the closet to say:

Well I'm back home with nothing but smelly hands and an external ip address (213.78.157.225) to show for it.

P-p-powerbook wasn't in any of the bags in bin no.9 nor any of its neighbours', as far as I could dig. Chances are either the scammer hasn't thrown it away yet or he chucked it elsewhere. No addressed envelopes or parcels either.

The only mugs around were in full sight of our Mr. Climax and his (non-romanian) mate, and he wouldn't sell me one either. Needless to say I wouldn't have gotten very far if I had swiped one.

Sorry guys

You have failed....it is time for seppuku