Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Reporting in for some dumpster diving, since it doesn't cut into my uni obligations. Hopefully I can get there before it's covered with other garbage.

Will also attempt to obtain Jean Climax mug.

Any other suggestions before I go? :pranke: ?

Yaos posted:

Jippa posted:

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly."
Actually LEDs can burn brighter than incandescent bulbs and last much longer while using less electricity. Although they don't actually burn, the light is generated by electrons. In fact, that quote is completely wrong.

Jakabite posted:

The main thing that attracted me was, admittedly, the 'OH WOW NINJAS' thing, but since then I've found a lot of great things about it and it does get annoying when people just assume it's some LOLNINJAS totally kawaii thing. If you look past the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pop culture thing built around ninjutsu, it really is a great martial art, and has a fascinating history too.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 11, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

quote:

H0TSauce came out of the closet to say:

If you could get an external ip of the computers, that would be phenomenal.

if it's not going through redirection/anonymizer I can

http://www.ostrosoft.com/OIT/external_ip.asp

Weren't they already ID'd as using OneTel ?

Yaos posted:

Jippa posted:

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly."
Actually LEDs can burn brighter than incandescent bulbs and last much longer while using less electricity. Although they don't actually burn, the light is generated by electrons. In fact, that quote is completely wrong.

Jakabite posted:

The main thing that attracted me was, admittedly, the 'OH WOW NINJAS' thing, but since then I've found a lot of great things about it and it does get annoying when people just assume it's some LOLNINJAS totally kawaii thing. If you look past the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pop culture thing built around ninjutsu, it really is a great martial art, and has a fascinating history too.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 11, 2004

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

I'm in there now. Suddenly the prospect of dumpster diving looks less and less appealing looking at the state of the bins round there, never mind picking the right bin, and then there's the chance its in there at all

:cry:

Yaos posted:

Jippa posted:

Jakabite posted:

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

quote:

Duckrasta came out of the closet to say:

Well, at least take a peek into a couple, you don't have to dig around too much if you don't want to.

Well I'm back home with nothing but smelly hands and an external ip address (213.78.157.225) to show for it.

The p-p-p-powerbook wasn't in any of the bags in bin no.9 nor any of its neighbours', as far as I could dig. Chances are either the scammer hasn't thrown it away yet or he chucked it elsewhere. No addressed envelopes or parcels, and nothing much in the bins inside the place for that matter.

The only mugs around were in full sight of our Mr. Climax and his (non-romanian) mate, and he wouldn't sell me one either. Needless to say I wouldn't have gotten very far if I had swiped one.

At least it was only a tube and a walk away.

Sorry guys

\/\/\/ http://www.alteringtime.com/images/news/seppuku.jpg ?

Yaos posted:

Jippa posted:

Jakabite posted:

DEAD MAN'S SHOE fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 11, 2004

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

http://www.cafeshops.com/jeanclimaxpro :raise:

Yaos posted:

Jippa posted:

Jakabite posted: