Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course
Just a bit of unimportant information, the address set-ltd.net is registered to has an ebay account:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=pemart007&items=25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course

quote:

bri came out of the closet to say:

Um, all of you calling this guys phone just after he gave the number to Jeff is surely going to make him suspicious?!?!

He's probably given the number for a sim card he'll never use, hopefuly.

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course

quote:

Dart came out of the closet to say:
Unfortunately, I think their phone will still show X amount of missed calls when they turn it back on.

AFAIK the phone has no way of knowing how many missed calls its had unless it's switched on.

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course

quote:

Refugee came out of the closet to say:

Well I'm on Orange and it doesn't do that, but they now text you to say "Free missed call alert!! From (number) at (time)", but again, I don't know whether that'll work if it's off or not.

Orange are the only people who do it, so you've got what? A 1/5 chance of it happening.

The number is on Virgin.

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course

quote:

Ionized came out of the closet to say:

I don't know how much control over the access_log yahoo gives, but even *If* they allowed you to view it, the standard Apache loglevel "common" doesn't log referrals.

quote:

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/bzinfo/prod/wh/compare.php

Access logs record data about who visits your site. The logs include information such as the referrer, IP address, and type of browser. You can specify the number of days logs are kept before they are deleted. Offered in Standard, Professional.

He would have had at least a Standard account since he had PHP scripts on that site, lets hope he hasn't checked the logs.

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course

quote:

Bitter Beard came out of the closet to say:
Not sure if it's been said before, but I wonder if they have stuff shipped to the UK because they know customs will check it out and when something not worth the value or questionable is sent it will be caught so they don't get scammed?

I almost think this is some mob scam and the shop is the front, so they just might have a customs dude looking for parcels being shipped.

Am I being a bit paranoid on this?

Yes.

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course
I think whats likely to happen is, the box will be forwarded to Romania unopened, the barber shop guy is probably just forwarding stuff unopened and gets a small slice of the profits.

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course
What I don't understand is, if you look up the email address from the scammer you get the account that eBay said was stolen (msalamon) and was given back to the original owner. So, did this guy hack the email address? Maybe the email address has been taken back by the original owner?

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course

quote:

Grimmy came out of the closet to say:
Anyone tried this?

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/spod?TrackingNumber=846563452310&Locale=us&ShipMonth=04&ShipDay=28&ShipYear=2004

Apparently you can get a copy of the guys signature.

Just tried it, says you need to wait 2 days before a signature is available.

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course

quote:

Mannequin came out of the closet to say:
This is what I got. It seems to be about 5 seconds long.

Is it me or is that FedEx van delivering to the Chicken shop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rottingcorpse
Dec 12, 2003

he's dead of course

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
Here is the email I sent:

-----Original Message-----
I am curious . . . What did you end up paying for the taxes? I wanted to know because I still want to refund some of the money to you.

Haha, brilliant. I hope he answers that question.

Edit: I'm guessing the tax is charged at 17.5%, so the tax should be £350. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

rottingcorpse fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 11, 2004