Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
Wait for the London goon to take the digital photos and include a printout of the location it's being sent to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!

quote:

Aeolius came out of the closet to say:
That would be incredible.

I also think it'd be immensely more creepy than tossing in personal information that may or may not be true.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
If all else fails, give them a fake phone number. Like Rare's old HQ or something.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!

quote:

Bonk came out of the closet to say:
In the highly unlikely event that he actually sends you the money, I would recommend just sending him a note letting him know the contents of the box are fake and why you were convinced he was a scammer. Then send him the real Powerbook. I doubt you'll need to do anything of the sort though.

That said, I'm eagerly awaiting the "OMFG ILL KILL U" emails you'll be getting once the package arrives. I imagine after paying customs and bringing it home thinking he's got a working Powerbook, he'll probably trash his urine-soaked basement of an apartment after finding out what's in it.

But what if he's just a scammer with a sense of humour and hangs it on his wall, content in that even though he's lost a bit of money on this job, he's already acquired much, much more?

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!

quote:

Lukano came out of the closet to say:

I've been neglecting work for two days now reading this and constantly refreshing :)

I'm so happy I don't have any papers to do.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
Maybe, just maybe, everyone's making the scammer out to be much more intelligent than he is. Maybe he'd just read a site on common scams and decided to try one of his own, making him an inexperienced doofus out to screw people using the internet café he regularly goes to as a shipping point. Owner woudln't see a problem with this, right? He's a regular ordering something off ebay and is a-scared of those e-stalkers.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
EDIT: nevermind ^^^ is better

quote:

Gravitee came out of the closet to say:
What about this?

Leave the text out; the text can be placed under the image.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!

quote:

Apr 29, 2004 2:02 am Left FedEx Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN 

Hoorayness.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
It's a trap!!

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!

quote:

Potassium came out of the closet to say:
I promised my fiance I'd get some sleep tonight so I wouldn't be a walking zombie tomorrow, but this is just too good to miss.

No, they don't generally get lost, or cost more. One of my best friends lives in the Philippines, so it was hard to call each other without our parents going apeshit, so we'd just txt all the time. Same for my friends in England and The Netherlands. They cost the same as regular messages.

I send and recieve text messages from a friend in Switzerland and have never had any trouble or complaints. I can't call him, though.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
Are you in their base killing their doodz?

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
I have bandwidth to waste on my site.

http://www.schroe.org/sa/p-p-p-powerbook.avi

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
waiting for new "this thread delivers" image macro starring that fedex truck

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
I was thinking this:

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!

quote:

RajaKumar came out of the closet to say:
I never saw it, but for a few hours, the scammer's (alleged) phone number was posted. Did anyone attempt to call it? Was it a valid number? Did anyone answer? If it was a fake number to begin with, I'm curious to see as to how he will ever be able to claim the package.

It was determined that it was a mobile number with the Virgin service and it is currently off.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!

quote:

vegaji came out of the closet to say:

Holy gently caress, Monday is when this chapter of the 3P Powerbook story reaches Jean Climax.
Fixed.

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!
May 10, 2004 10:19 pm Package status STANSTED GB In transit in destination country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acatinapaperbag
Feb 6, 2004

Shopping!

quote:

lapsey came out of the closet to say:
http://www.cafeshops.com/jeanclimaxpro :raise:

I want a shirt with the Jean Climax sign on the back, and the P-p-p-powerbook on the front left pocket