Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

(I'm still reading through this, but anyway)

DEFINITELY not English, or even British. No one here would refer to their Post Code as their "zip code:NW9 6RR". So contacting him in London will just be a real address which probably knows nothing about what's going on.

Edit: It's 1pm GMT now, expect a beamed in e-mail anytime soon!

MORE CURLY FRIES fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

CarnageAsada came out of the closet to say:

Brilliant! You have to at least do that. How much will it be for you to ship something there?

R->C->P

"Buyer's" already said he'll pay shipping.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

You'll also want pictures of the package before you send it to him. To show us. For our entertainment. Yes.

Edit: give us a paypal account and I'll donate some for shipping

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

ChlamydiaJones came out of the closet to say:
I've been smiling since page 2 - that's worth :10bux: to me. Post a PP and I'll help with shipping.

God drat I wish that there was a way to put a remote camera into that box to catch his reaction. I think that, after this is over, I'll just mail all my trash to the guy for the next year or so. And bad copies of pr0n that I can't bear to throw away.

That's not a bad idea, all British Goons sending him poo poo for a while should encourage him to re-think his game plan.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Actually, I seem to remember I ordered some shirts from America to my house (I live in the UK).

I had to pay a collection fee, but the package had been opened because they suspected it of being a bomb. BETTER is to send a none-too busted up, but busted up none-working, laptop or powerbook. If they open it and find it's a binder you could be in the poo poo. (Sorry, it's taken quite a while for me to remember this)

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Jeff, how could you get into trouble? He isn't actually going to pay you, if he pays the tax that's his own problem, you could just ask for proof of intended payment, which he can't give because he sent you to a bogus site.

I'm only worried about it getting searched then trashed because customs open it and find a P-P-P-owar Ringbinder.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

What? Customs trashing it? Then the UPS number will say that it got stopped at customs, just tell him to go and collect it.

They can't do anything about it, he's trying to rip you off which you have proof of, he's stolen an account and then asked you to send him something while he 'pays' you. Nothing bad can happen to you, it's just a little less funny if he doesn't get the package.

Fingers Crossed! (Found out how much you'll need yet?)

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Dr.SchadenFreud came out of the closet to say:

Hell yeah. I want one of those that's college ruled, for MORE STORAGE...

All kidding aside, have we categorically determined that no funds are forthcoming? The escrow site is def a confirmed fake?

Yeah, read the first two pages.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Sent $20, which will (hopefully) cover any PayPal deductions from your overall total.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

jhnrksn came out of the closet to say:
If you are sending fedex, you can also have the buyer pay shipping on pickup.

Find out if that's possible for overseas, too. If it is then mail him saying you don't have the money for shipping, and so you'll refund him the money when the payment's cleared. or something.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

If the phone number's fake he won't get the parcel. Fed Ex will phone him for credit card info to pay the shipping. UPS did this for me when I ordered an iTrip from Griffin in America.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

If he's in the UK then please think a little.

It's 10pm, he's probably got it turned off and might even be in bed.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Fairly certain that if the phone was off it won't record missed calls, because they're stored on the phone, not the network.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Lukano came out of the closet to say:

That is how my phone here in the great white north works. I assume any GPRS/GMS/AGP/PGP/RIAA/WTFLOL network would work in roughly the same way.

Well I'm on Orange and it doesn't do that, but they now text you to say "Free missed call alert!! From (number) at (time)", but again, I don't know whether that'll work if it's off or not.

Orange are the only people who do it, so you've got what? A 1/5 chance of it happening.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

rottingcorpse came out of the closet to say:

The number is on Virgin.

Oh, we're saved then. Virgin are wank, Girlfriend was on them for a while, but moved to O2 because the phone would ignore incoming calls and stuff.

IT'S OK! Carry on!

When thingy gets back home with pictures of the place, we'll need to find a website for it. This is going to be loving awesome.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Good job on giving him the heads up. Now he has time to turn tricks, scam someone else, or do whatever else he can do to raise the money before the package arrives. Nearly laughing myself out of my chair now.

That and it seems more realistic, and he won't be shocked/scared by the tax.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Pipski needs an avatar.

Image of Sean Connery/Roger Moore 007.

Text: "The Name's Bond. Goon Bond"

Also, that's the oddest shop ever.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Classy looking joint...how the hell does a place like this stay in business? Oh yeah, eBay scams. I forgot.

edit: Props to Pipski for the undercover action!

9B (Hereby called "THE DROPOINT!!!!!!11") is outside the shop, we don't know whether the shop is connected to 9b. It could just be that a regular uses it to commit eBay fraud.

Idea: Can we get a trace route on a recent email to see if it came from this shop?

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Should've gone in with a stutter and asked "I-i-i-i-if I-i-i-i-i-i c-c-c-c-can rent a P-p-p-powerbook?"

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

savinis_acolyte came out of the closet to say:
Delivery time is only minutes away!

If it's going to be delivered at midnight then, yes, yes it is.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

81.196.100.243 <-- That's the computers IP, yes? If it's from the Cafe then it'll be a leased line of some sort, so checking it anytime could work?

If not, then it might reveal where he lives, if it was sent out of business hours. Unless it is the barber, in which case he'd just use his own machines anyway.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
So what are we going to give Pipski for his avatar and custom title?

I like the "Bravo Leader: UK Goon Recon"

Your one was better than mine. But that doesn't show how covert his operation was, he had a hair cut and did secret photography. He was Behind Enemy Lines!

But maybe I'm just a sensationalist.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Someone at that point has to forward it. Fed Ex says they won't redirect it themselves. So something's up.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

The credit card. Fed Ex will ring him and want him to pay the tax before the ship to him. (So, once it's in Britain, but before they dispatch it to him, hence the 2-3days thing).

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Li'l Red came out of the closet to say:
http://paintedover.com/uploads/2/threadpair.jpg
zing!

Read the first reply in that eBay victory thread.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Actually I've been thinking. We know when the delivery will be. We have evidence of everything for the deliver, including how we know it's a scam.

So (as a UK Goon) I was thinking of just telling the police about the delivery address, including the Fed Ex number, the delivery address and time. We're not going to stop him, this is fun, but from the looks of it we're either going to do one of two things;

1)Lose the package in Europe
2)Not get any form of money shot

So I say, we tell the police/fraud people ASAP (IE Thursday), and let them take one scammer (Capable of scamming lots of people) out of the system, at least for a while.

Not only that, but I'm sure we could alert a few papers in this country, too.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

pooper scooper came out of the closet to say:
Some poo poo

That's quality, providing you're right, it means we've stumbled over an enormous operation, so what we need is IPs of the computers, and to find other scams originating from this location. It it turns out to be a scam HQ then we definitely need to alert the authorities.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

The package has now arrived at Stanstead, it's in the UK!

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Gevalt came out of the closet to say:

You posted while I was cropping and uploading...

That's a pretty big ramp, took them half an hour to go up it.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Pipski came out of the closet to say:
Jesus, it could conceivably arrive today! Stansted ain't so far. drat it, I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. We need a list of UK goons who can turn out and photo the drop-off (and any consequences) or follow chummie if he goes to repost it. 10m people in London, some of them must have the day off!

It'll arrive tomorrow, they'll be phoning him now to ask for ZEE MONEY for the tax.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Crazy Achmed came out of the closet to say:
Check the original post on page 1: it tells you which pages to look for for the crucial posts. The "Laptop" being sent is pictured on page 9.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I have to say is:

Provided you've got it set for 40 posts/page.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

girlmecha came out of the closet to say:

We get it. You're very cool and unique and set your pages to a higher or lower number than the default. Have a cookie.

No, I've got it set to 40, someone a few pages back was complaining about him saying the page numbers didn't match his because he had a different number. And he wanted Jeff to fix it for him.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

girlmecha came out of the closet to say:

My apologies, then. I saw someone else complaining in the thread and mistook them for you.

Will you accept a :dance: as an apology?

I will, but watch your step in the future, or I'll e-smack you. You've be warned!

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

E-Mail him "The escrow site reports that it is temporarily disabled, I just want to make sure everything's still ok."

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

The Dictionary is your friend.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Pope Hat's right, there's no need to jump the gun. But, if some poo poo does hit the fan then I have a spare bed in my house in Liverpool if you need to lay low for a while.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Aye, I've not slept yet. Work at 5pm, need to see neighbours and watch snooker, so I doubt I'll sleep today :(

PS Starbucks, I sent you a text, just incase you get/got freaked out by it (if you were in the tube then it obviously won't deliver for a bit)

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Flat 9B,
LONDON

Go!

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I did that a while ago, so there's no need to continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

pahnub came out of the closet to say:
This thread rules, not only is the content entertaining and funny, but I've just started looking at people's profiles while reading this thread (as drat near everyones posted in it), and its left me with one comment: NO CHAR NO! That's a bad CHAR! (pic in profile)

Not wanting to derail but. Oh. My. God :sick:

http://www.sonickrew.co.uk/yarr/me.jpg