Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mons al-madeen
Jun 20, 2001

you will experience beer.
Directed by: John R. Cherry III
Starring: Jim Varney

Ernest P. Worrell is back for another film, this time working as a janitor in a bank. When he's called away for jury duty a death row inmate known as Nash trades places with Ernest.

I won't spoil the storyline for you, but the electricity effects and zero-gravity fight scenes were well done for their time. The movie is pretty funny throughout (the jury duty pen scene is particularly humorous) but there are a few points that drag. The acting on the part of Jim Varney (who plays both Ernest AND Nash) is good, but much of the rest of the cast feels flat. Ernest fans will recognize "Bobby" from the previous Ernest films.

Overall it is no Ernest Saves Christmas, but it is deserving of a place in your collection.

3/5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapperj
Mar 2, 2003

I built the Eiffel Tower from steel and brawn!
All Ernest movies are awesome, just like dumb and dumber. I liked Ernest Scared Stupid better though. I can't speak ill of the dead, Jim Varneys best work was in The Beverly Hillbillys

Sensurround
Feb 6, 2003

I give it a 3.5 / 5 on the Vern Scale, it's certainly no Scared Stupid

Saber
Nov 24, 2002

by elpintogrande
Voted 5, as ELECTRO MAN is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

The top-tier of Ernest movies definitely consists of Ernest Goes To Camp and Ernest Scared Stupid, comedy gold. Ernest Goes To Jail is not top-tier, simply because the jokes aren't as consistently funny throughout the entire movie, but it is still one of the better Ernest movies. The Electro-man bit alone is worth seeing.