Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

I don't see how one could classify this as "Sci-Fi," rather than comedy, but very well.

Rocky Horror is a movie which knows that it's incredibly cheesy, and flaunts it. By itself, the film is terrible, and all of the dialogue is constructed of hamfisted double entendre that would make most middle-schoolers go. However, since the movie is almost always seen in a theatrical format, the viewer benefits from the callbacks thrown out by cast members and the occasional audience member who has seen the movie many times. Unfortunately, this also sometimes detracts from the viewer's understanding of the dialogue. I've seen this movie twice in live performances, and I still have no idea what was going on in the third act.

Musically, the movie is nothing special. I thought "Science Fiction Double Feature" was catchy, but the rest of the songs just seem to be standard stage production fare, and come across as rather bland and humorless.

There is absolutely no reason to see Rocky Horror Picture Show in your home. A public showing might be good for a few laughs if you enjoy crude humor and humiliation. Just be sure to shout "rear end in a top hat" and "slut" every time Brad and Janet introduce themselves, and you'll fit in.

Overall score: 2 out of 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU