Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Can people who aren't giggling teenage half-goths enjoy this film?

I mean it, is it possible to really like this film if you're old enough to not giggle when someone says "sex" any more?

I've seen it twice. Admittedly, both times were at home. People who watch a comedy movie they know every line to and delight in showing off that omg incredible talent irritate me enough, I don't think I could go and actually spend an evening with them just so they can do it. I had enough of that sort of person at school.

The first time I saw it, I didn't get why it was good. The second time, I found it more fascinating, but I still didn't quite understand why it was good, other than the possibility that transvestites might still have been funny when it came out.

In my experience, the fanbase for this film seems to be mostly post-teenage girls who actually still squeal and laugh in huddles whenever they see a male celebrity they fancy wear a piece of women's clothing, or even when they think about it happening. Am I wrong in this? Something tells me I should like this film, but that I don't know how.

I would consider seeing the stage version, particularly back when Tony Head was in it. But again, I'm just thinking it'll be an audience full of assholes dressed in suspenders, shouting throughout. Like the people who shouted loudly in the cinema whenever Lord of the Rings got something wrong, but in reverse.

Some of the tunes were a bit catchy at the time, and the anticipation thing was funny until the kerbillion spasmo-squillion-flillionth time I heard / read someone quoting it.

hehe, sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU