Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Directed by: Jay Chandrasekhar
Starring: Erik Stolhanske, Jay Chandrasekhar, Steve Lemme, Kevin Heffernan,Paul Soter

Easily one of my favorite comedies of all time. The comedy troupe Broken Lizard wrote and starred in this cult classic about a bunch of Highway Patrolmen who just can't take their job seriously. Their goofing off gets them into trouble, as budget cuts have the shutdown of the station looming.

This movie was one that I totally missed in theaters, not surprising, given that it spent almost no time there. Fortunately a friend convinced me to watch his DVD, and I was simply amazed. I can't keep track of the number of great lines from this movie, there's just too many hilarious scenes. I still watch this regularly, as I find more and more comedy in it with just about every viewing.

Definitely worth picking up and watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roop
May 10, 2002

I am become Roberto, the destroyer of scoring chances
This is a great movie. I didn't watch it in the theatres or ever plan on watching it because the trailers made it look really stupid. I ended up seeing it on my dish because there was nothing else on and it was so absolutely hilarious that I rewatched it 5 times over the next week.

It's great, great comedy. Well written, well acted and a good time all the way through.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Once again, didn't see it in the cinemas because the trailers made this look awful. I accidentally saw it at a friend's house and thought that it is one of the best comedies in a while. Didn't go a second too long (like a lot are doing at the moment), and all the gags were really well written and performed. Also, Lynda Carter.

Pitnicker
Apr 6, 2004

This movie is one of the few comedies that actually makes me laugh. The best comparison I can give is that it's sort of a modernization of Police Academy.

Arcturus Fats
Mar 19, 2002

Valve have once again managed to transform a genre, and taken pure gaming pleasure to brand new, unthought of heights.
In my mind, one of the funniest movies of all time. Like a lot of people, I thought it'd be poo poo until some friends rented it and claimed it was great. Its basically becoming well known enitrely by word of mouth (And the internet, I guess.)

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
"Candy Bars!"

I did not know what I was in for when I saw this film (me and friends just go to whatever is new every week)and we laughed ourselves stupid. A silly movie done very well.

Fijimunkii
Sep 11, 2001

four twenties
I had no idea this movie was going to be as funny as it was. Most definetly in my top ten comedies of all time. This movie is a must see! Cop, drug, booze, gay, all sorts of humor make it a movie everyone can enjoy.

FARVA!

4.5/5

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

the trailers made this movie look like poo poo. I didn't see it until it was recommended to me by one of my friends. Only then did I really see how funny this movie was. I watch it time and time again and still laugh.

CHICKEN FUCKER

lucky garnett
Oct 14, 2003

Swing Time
Saw this in the theatre and have been spreading the word ever since. Some of the most quote-able one liners since Dumb and Dumber, and hardly a day goes by without me repeating or hearing at least one of them I don't want a large Farva or I love ACID!!!. A well written comedy without the bad aftertaste of losing two hours of your life you'll never get back that some other recent "comedies" leave you with. This film can be watched over and over again without getting dull.

Aquasol
Jun 23, 2003

Destroy all dreamers w/ debt + depression...
I agree 100% with the previous posters. The trailers were god awful, and the first time I saw it those feelings carried over with me and ruined the whole thing. Later, I was bored at like 3 in the morning and it was on HBO, so I put it on expecting to fall asleep shortly. I found it funnier than any comedy I'd seen in years. I've watched it several times since and plan to pick up the DVD soon. It's just great.

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!
I was forced into watching this, and I can't say I regret it. An excellent movie!

sqyttles
Jun 16, 2003
Furthermore, is this the accoustic one or the full on pedals and efx version?
Maybe I was watching a different movie. I do not understand what is so great about it. The only part I laughed was with the bar of soap in the coffee. I can't agree with this review at all.

b3nz0r
Jul 19, 2003

Of the two of us I am the only one who hasn't committed mutiny, therefore my word is the one we'll be trusting.
Agreed that the promos for this movie made it look awful. I was forced to watch by a few friends and it is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I saw this the day it came out. My roommate and I actually drove to Brattleboro, VT to see it (About a 20/30 minute drive) It was great and is still great whenever I watch it. Certainly a cult favorite and that's all it will ever be...

a really, really GOOD one though. 5/5

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

quote:

sqyttles came out of the closet to say:
Maybe I was watching a different movie. I do not understand what is so great about it. The only part I laughed was with the bar of soap in the coffee. I can't agree with this review at all.
Agreed. Not much of the humor appealed to me. I can't be more specific since it's been so long since I saw it, but I hated pretty much every character in the movie.

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues
I still find myself quoting the great one-liners in this movie. It has tons of hilarious moments, and never felt too lengthy or boring.

4/5

Quick Stop
May 12, 2001

D'flecting d'fensive ends and d'bilitating injuries
Whereas This is Spinal Tap was a better movie than the sum of it's parts, I felt this movie was less than the sum of it's parts. Some hilarious moments, but not as good overall as it should have been. somewhere between a 3 and a 4..closer to a 3 though.

artard
Sep 11, 2001
Open bar, dude! Rated 5.

vrains
Mar 20, 2004
Great movie. Makes me laugh.

4/5

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Its been said many times already, but the theatre trailer made the movie seem like a half-assed Police Academy. IMO its one of the all time great comedy flicks.

5/5

"I want a litre of loving cola"

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Me and my friends only saw this movie in theatres because of a post on the forums praising it shortly after it came out. We went in with incredibly low expectations from the trailers, but it turned out to be one of the greatest comedies I've ever seen. I've watched it at least a dozen times since then, 4.5/5.

How's the view from sugar heaven, bitch?

Romulux
Mar 17, 2004

E V O L V E D
I didn't plan on seeing this movie (like most of you), but I was looking for a new movie to buy and it came highly reccommended. I loved it, and still love it every time I watch it.

Giving it a 5/5

quote:

sqyttles came out of the closet to say:
The only part I laughed was with the bar of soap in the coffee.
OH poo poo, I GOT YOU GOOD YOU FUCKER!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
From open to close this movie had me in loving stitches. all i can really say, is URSULA, I'M NAKED.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Worth watching but is mainly bathroom humor and sex jokes. Certainly goes after the "American Pie" crowd full force. Still there are some glimmers of hope and even a few good, albeit cheap, laughs to be found.
3/5

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Don't really see what the big deal is. Super Troopers is completely unremarkable.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
Another one of my favorites. I've watched it no telling how many times, and it never gets old. Definitely recommend this one.

5/5

FBz
Mar 8, 2004
FatboYgw got me this account for my birthday!
I had never heard of it when I first saw it and I was belly laughing all the way through.

This film is filled with comedy gems, from BEAR FUCKER! DO YOU NEED ASSISTANCE!? to the Cat Game. I am chuckling just thinking about it writing this post.

A laugh a minute. 5/5
MEOW!

Shady Lane
Jul 21, 2002

Chilin ( <3 C-Mart )
I still like watching this movie, but then again I like stupid comedy. Violence, absurdity, etc. There's some lines that get stuck and you end up quoting... Funny movie to me.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Yeah, I saw this a while after it had come out on DVD with some of my buddies. Since then, I've seen it a whole bunch of times...I still laugh at everything.

YOU BOYS LIKE MEX-EE-CO?

Febtober
Oct 29, 2003

Easily one of my favorite comedies, up there with Old School and Wet Hot American summer. I saw it in my friend's dorm one night when they made me watch it; so many quotable lines.

artard
Sep 11, 2001
Apparently I'm the only person who had high expectations (which were met) after seeing the fake-documentary style trailer. I saw this movie the day it came out in theatres and it was the funniest thing I'd seen in months.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

If you like absurdity and off the wall humor, this is definately for you. You will hate this movie if you don't find stupidity amusing. Makes me wonder why you come here, but that's another discussion.

Super Troopers is in the top 10 most quotable movies, ever. There is a little lag now and then, but really all it does is give you a chance to catch your breath before they have your rear end on the ground again.

It smells like sex in here.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
"Meow what's so funny?"

This is a classic. It has so many lines that you have to see it a few times to catch them all.

5/5

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Not the funniest movie ever, but still much better than most of the tripe out there. A good way to burn a couple of hours for sure. The Highway Patrol Chief is played by the father character of Samara from The Ring. Throughout the entire movie I couldn't get my mind off of that, but I don't know if it made it funnier or less funny. Regardless, I give it 4/5.

jmu
Feb 12, 2004

weoo.org
This movie seems to be hated by fans of more independent type films (that is.... my idiot friends) I however loved it, forced several people to see it in the theatre, they hated it.... I can't stop quoting it to this day. 5/5 one of my most favorite comedies.

mechanic virus
Nov 14, 2003

Porbosinad!
A friend rented it and played it, and I loved it ever since. Now I watch it atleast 2 times a month. The best part is either the fast food scene or when they pull the guy over in the porshce.

TehKrond
Oct 13, 2002

France is for Gays and Damn Dirty Jews, Both of which own Hollywood

quote:

Anubis came out of the closet to say:
Worth watching but is mainly bathroom humor and sex jokes. Certainly goes after the "American Pie" crowd full force. Still there are some glimmers of hope and even a few good, albeit cheap, laughs to be found.
3/5
That's what I thought. A good movie to have as background or to view intoxicated. It doesn't necessarily stand on its own two feet.

3.5/5

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
Meow lookee here boy. This is an easy 5/5.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
It's hard to describe the humor in Super Troopers. It's not that off-the-wall and none of the gags are really outrageous. The best way I can describe it is goofy and sarcastic dialogue, which results in a lot of quoting, and the most absurd parts are done in such a friendly manner they seem like they could have happened to you and your highschool buddies.

The best part about the movie is that it was so well written that it gets funnier the more I watch it. Little chuckles become big belly laughs over time and you recognize minor lines or subtle gestures you missed before.

I also take exception to the American Pie claim since I despise that movie.

5/5, classic quotable comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
the movie was funny until they started trying to develop a plot.