Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arm Unit 700
Sep 13, 2003

buh?
Directed by: Woo-Suk Kang
Starring: Kyung-gu Sol, Sung-jae Lee

I came across this movie purely by chance while walking past an "alternate" cinema in West London, and was so taken with it, I instantly took a few friends for another viewing.

I don't think I had ever seen a Korean movie before this one, but this film really is excellent. It follows the story of Kang Cheol-jung, a corrupt, but amiable homicide detective who gets attacked by a businessman, Jo Kyu-hwan, who has just killed his parents. The suspect is found but with no evidence against him, the police are forced to release him. Unfortunately for him, Kang will go to any lengths to get his man. IMDB describes this as a Korean "Dirty Harry" and that's not too far off the mark.

This movie is very violent in places but will also have you laughing yourself stupid at other times. The action is brilliantly put together, although the directing tends to err on the side of uninspiring at places. Watch out for the chainsaw fight at the end, it really is something to behold. Considering the ground it covers, it is often argued that this film is excessively long, with a running time of around 150 minutes.

All in all a great movie hampered by a few technical problems; I give it 4 star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU