Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riban
Feb 11, 2004

by Ozma
Directed by: Tetsuro Takeuchi
Starring: Masashi Endō, Makoto Inamiya, Guitar Wolf, Bass Wolf, Drum Wolf

Wild Zero is the answer to the age-old question: Why can movies not include zombies, aliens, sex, drugs, rock and roll, rock and roll magic, guns, and transvestites? Though often written off as an inane b-movie, Wild Zero takes the spirit of cinema past its boundries to a new level of “hard-core.” Director Tetsuro Takeuchi forges together numerous side plots, into one group of people trying to stay alive, and a few zombies trying to stay in love.

Our lead protagonist is Ace (Masashi Endō). Ace is a diehard rock fan who has been following the tour of his favorite band, Guitar Wolf (played by the band guitar wolf), for quite some time. Ace pledges his soul to rock and roll, on seeing an angry manager tell the band that Rock and Roll is dead. Guitar Wolf (for this is the name of the band, and the leader. Drum wolf and Bass wolf are the other two) slashes Ace’s hand and they become Rock and roll blood brothers. The band continues their tour, and Ace blissfully continues is journey.

When stopping at a gas station to refuel his motor bike, he meets Tobio. He is dazzled by her beauty, and though he rides off to continue his tour, he hopes to meet up with Tobio again. After they finally do get back together, and Ace saves her from hordes of zombies, it is discovered that Tobio is a man. But Ace is struck with a vision, wherein Guitar Wolf (just the leader) tells him that like rock and roll, “Love has no boundaries, nationalities, or genders”

A cult following has developed for Wild Zero amoung those who watch inane, Japanese b-movies. The film wrenches together numerous things, ideas, and even encourages morality, vilifying drugs, pedophilia, and aliens who try to turn the world’s popoulation into zombies.

If the reader has yet to grab the general gist of the film, that being one of “so bad it is good” (a phrase I hate, as the word “bad’ oftentimes suggests that the film is without moving qualities) it must be established that this was the first and last film directed by Tetsuro Takeuchi. Wild Zero will not go down with 8½, Ikiru, or Stalker as a “classic,” but it will remembered in the hearts of its viewers through all of cellophane history.

Stolen from my movie column
5/5 EEZ JEST SO GOOD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIPSY
Mar 3, 2004

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE
This is my favorite movie of all time ever. If you watch this movie and cannot at least say "Well, it sure did kick some rear end," then you do not deserve to watch movies. Guitar Wolf is one of the most insane bands ever, and their godlike coolness is solidly established in this movie, and no, I do not mean "wow that is cool dude" coolness I mean they are literally the coolest human beings on Earth. I want to grow up to be just like Seiji only not Asian. I like this movie so much, I wrote the final paper for my senior seminar in film studies on it. I got a friggin' A.

Yeah, this gets the 5.5.

Doodlebat
Mar 5, 2003

The only ways you can hate this movie is:

a)you dont like Guitar Wolf
b)you dont like subtitles
c)you hate any movie with the word zombie in the description
d)you're a homophobe

i loved it but,unfortunately everyone of my friends, except donkeylips, thats seen this hated it.

4/5 and +2 for flaming microphone.