Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

As much as I hate the phrase "feel-good movie!!", that's what comes to mind everytime I watch this wonderful French film.

I kick myself for missing it when it was in the theaters; I was actually a theater employee at the time, and could have seen it free of charge any time I wanted, but I was an idiot and passed it up because I thought it didn't look interesting.

This movie is just so bright and cheery; every shot is beautiful to look at. Audrey Tatou is perfectly cast as Amelie. It's filled with little moments that I just love; the vanishing lawn gnome, the discovery of the mysterious bald guy's secret, and Bredeatou finding the box Amelie left in the phone booth for him.

I'm generally very pessimistic and critical when it comes to movies involving romance ( ), but I always let my guard down for this one.

5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU