Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
I'm going to have to give it a 1.

I'd give it a 3, if it had been called "Robocop Facist Techno-Dystopia redux: Melrose Space, Earth vs. the Buggers!"

But since it was called "Starship Troopers", gently caress that.

I don't truck with people who say "don't you see, it is brilliant satire!?! Verhoven made the movie lovely on purpose, because he didn't like R.A. Heinlein! Isn't that hillarious?!"

No powered armor, and a complete (regardless of intention) butchery of the politics, character, everything about the book (which Verhoven proudly claims not to have read) was a loving waste of the licence.

It fails as political commentary, it fails as military sci-fi (I know, let's travel across lightyears to do battle with an implacable insectoid foe, and carry only vietnam era smallarms and flack jackets!) and it fails as a skin flick. Dina Meyer's tits are distinctly forgettable.

The bug effects were pretty good, if you can get over the pathetic idea that it takes a squad of dozen people to kill one bug (with casualties) when humanity is outnumbered 1000 to one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU