Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is one of those movies I can watch a dozen times a year and still not get sick of it. Its cheesy and over the top in every way but its just awesome. Its like a real life version of starcraft with subtle political commentary.

The movie eventually influenced me to read the book, which I found to be a stark contrast from the movie but I loved it just the same. The movie was more focused on action of course, while the book goes deep into philsophy, politics, militarism, and totaltarianism.

I loved the universe created by Heinlen and the movie so much that I eventually ran into the show based on the book and animated with CGI. The show is amazing and forms a perfect middle road between the book and the movie. Its got a ton of action but still retains all of the social commentary of the book, while forming better relationships and storylines that are leaps and bounds above anything in the book or movie.

Anyway the movie is easily in my top 15 and I urge anyone who missed the phenomenal show during its first run to go out and buy the dvds now. You wont be disapointed.

Movie gets a 5/5
Pros: Great action, good pacing, overall interesting story
Cons: The acting while not bad, isnt great

a creepy colon fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 25, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU