Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meshead
Aug 28, 2003

Directed by: Darren Aronofsky
Starring: Sean Gullette, Mark Margolis, Ben Shenkman

"When I was six, my mother told me not to stare at the sun, so I did."

Synopsis:
Essentially, it centers around a young mathematician (number theorist) who believes that he can find a formula within the stockmarket that will allow him to predict those stocks that will profit and those that will plummet. Additionally, he has some form of mental illness that causes him to have intense seizures during stressful situations. (He attained this illness as a result of staring at the sun for an extended period as a young child.) Ultimately, the number he eventually discovers is much more important than he realizes - it has the potential of explaining God.

Visuals:
This film's cinematography is absolutely breath-taking. The entire movie is shot in a grainy black and white which adds incredibly depth to atmosphere. Moreover, the camera angles and filming techniques that the director utilized are perfectly suited to the feeling that his movie radiates.

Overall:
I highly recommend this movie. It is both entertaining and mentally stimulating; something I have found many of the more recent films to be lacking.

5/5
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU