Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow Boat
May 12, 2001

by Ozma

quote:

Horseface came out of the closet to say:
Plus it's a mostly true story, and the Runts grew up and formed the gang that currently runs the slums. And yes, they even have a hit list.

is there a place I can read about all this and the real story of whoever Lil Ze and Benny were based on (as well as pretty much any other character)

Anyways, this is one of the best movies I have seen. I just sat and watched it in silence. It was amazing how every part of the main character's story (if you think Rocket was the main character, which I do) was told through the story of someone else. I think the violence in the movie is overstated, I have seen 10 thousand movies more violent than City of God. Yea a little kid or two got shot, but nothing in that movie even stacks up to Pulp Fiction or hell, the lord of the rings trilogy (in my opinion). I think the violence was so realistic in the fact that when you saw it in the movie, you know poo poo like that happens in real life that made it so hard for people to stomach.

Anyways, go see this movie, loving amazing and all that

edit - About the Menace II Society horseface mentioned. The violence in that is kind of the same type. For instance, when Harrold got shot it really disturbed me because all he was doing was hanging out with his buddies at a stoplight and there was no loving reason for it to happen. I mean poo poo that could of been me and my buddies or you and your buddies on a Friday night. Just having a good time. In that respect, the scene I just mentioned is one of those scenes that will always bother me. It was so simple, so quick, and could happen to anyone just the same,

Slow Boat fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU