Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mshade
Jul 13, 2001
Directed by: Dylan Kidd
Starring: Campbell Scott, Jesse Eisenberg, Isabella Rossellini

This was, in my opinion, one of the best films of 2002. It definitely has the most fast-paced and clever dialogue of any movie I've seen

Watch it for Campbell Scott's (Roger) performance alone, he plays a very smooth talking New York copywriter who in one night tries to show his nephew how to score with the ladies. Jesse Eisenberg also did a great job as the nephew, he shows some brilliant acting skills despite being somewhat unknown (most likely because he looks like a geek, which fortunately makes him perfect for this part).

The story itself was very strong, as the night progresses there are several parts where Roger puts his nephew in situations that make you cringe, only to be amazed at how smoothly it all works out. The plot itself was probably strong enough to make it an overall good movie, but I mainly found myself waiting for what witty, hypnotizing remark would come next out of Scott's silver tongue.

This movie may not appeal to all audiences, especially if you're the type to only pay attention during the big scenes. If you don't find the conversation in the first 15 minutes of the film entertaining, you may be better off putting in your Tomb Raider DVD instead. But for anyone intrigued by the characters and dialogue in movies, this movie will be thoroughly enjoyable (not trying to be a snobby film elitist, just giving fair warning).

4.5/5

PROS: Amazing dialogue, Campbell Scott plays the perfect womanizer
CONS: Elizabeth Berkley is in it

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299117/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenylketonuric
Aug 12, 2003

I loved this movie, I wish I had an Uncle like that guy. It was a pure joy to watch. I recommend this movie all the time to my "guests" at blockbuster.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
Campbell Scott makes this movie, I believe the film was shot entirely on DV or at least some of the scenes were, and it looks teriffic.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

This movie has very smart, insightful, and (semi)realistic dialogue. I always watch it every Valentine's Day.

5/5