Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Directed by: Sammo Hung
Starring: Jackie Chan, Gabrielle Fitzpatrick, Richard Norton

Yatgo ho yan, or if you prefer, Mr Nice Guy features Jackie Chan playing Jackie, a top chef living in Melbourne, Australia that somehow knows kung fu who also finds himself getting involved with a reporter who has caught a drug bust gone pear-shaped on video.

Constantly being chased by Richard Norton’s criminal cartel, Jackie soon turns the tide and drives the world biggest dump truck right into the bad guy’s luxury home in the middle of a quarry.

Directed by Sammo Hung (who also appears in a cameo as a bicycle courier), Mr Nice Guy is a fairly ordinary Jackie outing with some solid action that’s really nothing to write home about. The fact that I’m finding it rather difficult on commenting anything more about this movie is an indication on just how ordinary I feel Mr Nice Guy really is.

Although probably only worth a TV broadcast viewing, Mr Nice Guy might have some interest to Melbournians, who may find enjoyment in pointing out familiar locations during the course of the film.

2.5/5

PROS: Some solid Jackie action.
CONS: It’s all fairly ordinary.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117786/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The movie is funnier if you know that that Martin Yan of the ancient PBS cooking show Yan Can Cook, is really into Kung Fu. I kept picturing him instead of Jackie.

Garlo
Feb 1, 2004
I am the great mexican fighter of freedom
I loved how things made of wood explode in the previously mentioned destruction scene.

Fun movie, but not my favorite of Jackie Chan.

aarontxwl
Apr 21, 2003

Pretty good Jackie Chan movie but doesn't quite compare to Rumble in the Bronx.
3/5

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe
The stunt over the whirling table saw is so insane, I had to vote this a 4 for insane stunts. Certainly not his best movie, but the fight scene in the construction zone was worth the price of a rental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
I just love the part where the little kids are watching the reporter's tape and the tape just shows from the same camera angle us audience sees the movie from.