Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nyquil
May 1, 2003

Two things I didn't really like about this movie was that, like said before, the 15 years imprisonment didn't feel like 15 years. It moved way too fast, it felt like a few months, tops.

The second thing was the hypnosis at the end. Some may disagree, but I think it would have been a bit more interesting if they left it being him knowing that she's his daughter, and her left in the dark about. I think it would have gripped me a bit more, and it felt like a bit of a let-down. I guess relief is needed after tension, though. I'm actually not sure whether or not the hypnosis was a good or bad thing to put in... I'm so torn :( Then again, I'm not very adept at critiquing a film.

I liked the transitions, such as his hand right after the sister falls into the dam and his hand cocks the gun back in the air and then cuts to him shooting himself in the head in the elavator. Did I remember that correctly?

Another good thing was the twist. It completely knocked me off my feet, and I really wasn't expecting it. When it happened, my jaw dropped and I said "Holy poo poo!" quite audibly. One of the best twists I can think of, easily.

All in all, 4.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU