Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

legstump
Feb 26, 2004
This brilliant, occasionally punishing Korean film is one of the best I've seen this year. The plot may be a little implausable, but whilst watching it the kinetic style with which it is presented and considerable psychological weight of the premise far outweigh it's failings. On reflection it may not fully hold water at all points but given the film is, at heart, a sci-fi movie grafted onto a tragedy of ancient Greek proportions, a little suspension of disbelief goes a long way.

Considering that it is not a fight driven movie, I must say that it contains probably the best fight scene I have seen in recent times. The five minute one take brawl in a corridor, shot in a stylized manner reminiscent of a video game, is a loving gem the likes of which I've never seen: technically and artisically brilliant, and alone worth the price of admission.

4.5 / 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU