Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

I absolutely cannot understand all the goon love for this movie. I saw it in the theater a few months ago based on all the hype. I, too, knew nothing more of the plot than "a man is imprisoned for 15 years and has no idea why..." It was supposedly the "Korean Matrix."

The story started out okay, and I think the mysterious imprisonment angle could really be worked into something good. Unfortunately, the revelations are ridiculous and ruin my appreciation for anything that happened before in the film.

Good cinematography, music, and the overall style. For the first 30 minutes or so I was like "This is gonna be so awesome!" I walked out of the theater sighing, "It coulda been a contenda." It had the style elements, and parts of the plot could've made a great movie, but the twists and final conclusion are neither logical nor acceptable. And why does Daesu's classmate/the bad guy look like a 24 year old Gap model?

This movie is NOT worth the hype. It really blows my mind that everyone hear fawns over it so much.

I'll give it 2/5 : points for style, and for its potential. But the story became horrendous and ruined the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU