Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mafialligator
Sep 22, 2003

Lincoln Approves
I felt it was funny, but there were so many uncomfortable moments. Like a bad episode of the Wonder Years for me to really recommend this film. It reminded me alot of Igby Goes Down (also starring a macculkin) where it has a bit of subversive humor but ultimately doesn't translate to a very enjoyable movie experience. If you already hate christianity and the hypocracy that goes with it then you will probably dislike this movie.
I don't really use the word hate because I did not hate this movie I somewhat enjoyed it. Since neither the previews or anyone told me that the girl gets pregnant within the first ten minutes I was really taken by suprise "...oh...its a coming of age movie... about how intolerant christians are...m'kay."

Although there is one scene that pisses me off, in the end the pregnant girl tries to argue with the uberchristian principal about how the bible is gray area and he says it's black and white. You don't start an arguement with a christian, or any religious zealot for that matter, YOU WON'T WIN! But for some hosed up reason the principal actually changed... kinda. But trying to question people who believe that much is just stupid.

After reading this thread I probably would have given this movie a 3/5 but if you go in with only the thought that it's about making fun of christians it would have a 2/5 which is what my final entry is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU