Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aberration
Sep 11, 2001
Directed by: Jeremy Leven
Starring: Marlon Brando, Johnny Depp, Faye Dunaway

There aren't very many movies that I can watch and be fully emersed in the story. Don Juan DeMarco is one of the select few that that while I'm watching, I forget I'm looking at a Television screen.

This movie has everything a great movie should have: Johnny Depp, humor, sword fighting, and non-goofy sex. Johnny plays his role as Don Juan exactly as I imagined in Lord Byron's novel. Marlon Brando is terrific and Faye Dunaway is as classy as ever.

This isn't to say the movie isn't without it's faults, but because of the way the story is written they don't stand out. Sure some of the romance is over the top, but what do you expect from "The world's greeeeatest lover!"

What I really like about this movie though is that at the end, we aren't really left with any more answers then when we started. . This movie blurrs the line between reality and fantasy and I know that I watched it with a smile on my face the entire time.

RATING: 5

PROS: Great cast, well written,
CONS: Sometimes a bit cheesy and over the top

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112883/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU