Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyHildo
Jul 23, 2002

I thought this movie was pretty interesting, and deviated from the typical comedic formula. First, consider how unlikeable Napoleon the protagonist is. He's a complete rear end in a top hat to everyone in his life, even those who try to befriend him which is a nice departure from the "lovable loser" stereotype.

Second, and more surprising, consider that the film is completely family friendly. The writers didn't rely on a single "swear" word. I've been watching this as it reruns on HBO, but I have no doubt this will end up a staple on ABC Family. I'm not all Focus on the Family, but it was refreshing and demonstrative of the writing talent that not even a "drat" was needed to get some laughs. I almost wonder if Uncle Rico's breast cream scam was written in just so the film would get a PG and not a G (though there is the not-too-slight suggestion that Napoleon's grandma is a lesbian).

4/5

JohnnyHildo fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 22, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU