Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Mysteriosity
Dec 26, 2003

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
I avoided spoiling this movie for myself, and that only added to the sheer comedy that is this film.

If you have considered reading the spoilers before seeing this movie, DON'T.

First off, the plot really isn't all there. It exists in fragments, but if you compare it you will see that a basic skeleton of a plot does exhist.

Many people have said that Napoleon appears static, shallow, and almost painful to watch throughout the movie. This is mostly true, however his character does in fact develop. Most (though not all) of his angry kneejerk reactions are justified, and he does in fact do things for other people such as Return Deb's things and improvise his dance for Pedro's presidential campaign.

Most of the comedy does come from strange interactions and the idiosyncratic nature of the characters, however there is nothing wrong with this. It often leads to the kind of comedy that leaves you thinking "Wait. Why did that happen?" afterwards.

In closing, This movie is not for pretentious fucks, even though I did notice a great number of such assholes in the theater with me. This is a movie one will see and laugh at. You shouldn't be expecting a deep plot, and if you aren't you will enjoy yourself. Pretentious fucks will see it and tell all their friends that they went to the theater that shows all the foreign films because they are a deep and unique individual. You will see it because it is hilarious.

Rating: 4.5/5.5 It's hilarious. There is no deep plot that makes any kind of cutting social commentary or reveals any truths of life. If you want to see something like that see Garden State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU