Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibs
Jan 8, 2004

Ok. So I'm late on this but I just have to comment.

Did anybody else find the cinematography extraordinarily beautiful? I thought the frame was always so well composed. The colors were so strong and simple. It was really an important part of the experience for me.

The movie, in my viewing of it, did have a plot: misunderstood boy meets girl. Whether you find this classic or derivative is your business.

The dancing scene may not be a new idea, but it's something closely tied to the hopes of most teenagers. I found the scene deeply moving, mostly because somebody who is perceived by his schoolmates and the movie's audience up to this point as so awkward, is suddenly seen by both groups as full of grace and beauty.

The main criticism I have is a slightly weak and premature ending, which I think is why there is an epilogue. The epilogue, then, comes across as a cute apology for not having been able to end the movie properly.

4.5/5

If Wes Anderson makes better movies, must you insist on hating this? "Gosh."

Jibs fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 12, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU