Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain-Obvious
Aug 19, 2003

by Livestock
Directed by: Lowell Mason, George A. Romero (source film)
Starring: Duane Jones, Judith O'Dea

Full Title:
Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D

I was given the opportunity to watch a dub of a dub of a dub of this film awhile back, and I can easily call it some of the best fun I've ever had watching a movie.

I can't find all the details, but the gist is basically this: Because George Romero's original "Night of the Living Dead" was not properly copyrighted, filmmaker Lowell Mason was able to take the movie, wipe the soundtrack completely clean, and replace it with hilarious dialouge and music. And chaos reigns.

Zombie attacks are accompanied by happy, nonsenical music. All of the characters' overdubbed lines are hilariously contrived upon racial and ethnic stereotypes, or other outright silliness. And the film is sprikled randomly with short, pointless segments that I wouldn't spoil here.

Unfortunately, as I've found out, it's an extremely rare video, and you should consider yourself lucky to find a copy. Hopefully one or two are circulating the internet now, but you never know. More info here:

RATING: 5.5

PROS: The title alone is funnier than 95% of other comedies in their entirety
CONS: This movie is like FYAD. Some people simply won't "get it"

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0230575/
http://www.theflagship.net/coldspot/n/nightofthedayofthedawn.html

Captain-Obvious fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 7, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

I too got to see this movie, mainly through a friend who had a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy. I will admit this was very funny, the only bad thing was the fact that it had bad quality sound, mostly due to the recopying no doubt.

Pros: I never stopped laughing
Cons: The video quality was poor, though might be due to recopying.

Vote: 5/5

Bob Mundon
Dec 1, 2003
Your Friendly Neighborhood Gun Nut
on imdb this said it was the original night of the living dead with redubbing, in which case the bad quality is due to the original film (camera must have been from the 30s, in a 60s film).

sounds like i would love this kind of thing. i must find it.

pud
Jul 9, 2001
This is kind of like What's Up, Tiger Lily?, only horribly loving unfunny. You've got your bad gay jokes, your tired black stereotypical voice for Ben, and some fart jokes, to boot! Comedy loving gold, there.

Unless seeing spliced-in shots of old men eating donuts and documentaries on former presidents really does it for you you can find the same level of humor on the average jr high schoolbus, and if you're really hard up to laugh at a zombie movie you can just get shitfaced and watch House of the Dead.

eulogy6482
Jun 9, 2004
You're a man now
Oh man the title alone makes me want to see it even though I am already a pretty big night of the living dead movie fan. I like Shaun of the Dead it was a good spoof. Speaking of the dead movies does anyone know anything about the new Day of the Dead coming out soon. I know there was a website which was kept all under a big secret. I'm not sure what the website was if someone knows it I would appreciate it greatly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBucket
Mar 17, 2003

by Fistgrrl
I saw this movie last week at the urgent behest of a friend. I didn't "get it", then again, I don't "get" FYAD.

2.5. Rather nonsensical a lot of the time. Bathroom/highschool humor abounds, and it isn't even funny. There's a myriad of gay jokes, fart jokes, black jokes, random camera shots spliced in to the movie, and a loving batshit insane soundtrack. It might be fun/better to watch after some :420: or something, because that's the only reason I could think of that one would give it a 5.5.