Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manic Shampoo
Feb 9, 2004

Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale!
I hated this movie. HATE HATE HATE HATE! Which pissed me off, as I LOVE Bill Murray. To be so bored by this movie was a painful shock that made me reevaluate my life. I can't understand the critical acclaim this movie got.

As others have said there is basically no plot. The plot, as far as I can tell is the movie is about a leach and a famous actor who seems bored with life. Scarlet Johanssen plays the leach who is basically living off her boyfriend and whines that she is bored. Frankly, I just can't get any sympathy behind such a whiny character as that. I heard that character was based off Coppola's life. So I'm a bit surprised the subject of nepotism didn't come up. But hey, Sofia has a big ego with the digs at the ditzy friend of her boyfriend. Perhaps she should be taking a dig at herself and her privledged life where she is allowed to direct such awful pointless movies and recieve critical claim because of her family name. And god her boyfriend screamed out indie snob. The kind you want to kick in the face for being a douchebag. Anyone who dates scum like that deserves instant death.

Bill Murray plays his role to perfection. The problem is, his character is boring that you want him to spice up the role a bit. A fine acting job, as the script clearly called for a boring character but geez.

If you like boring movies you'll love this movie. I, however, like the movie to have some sort of point. I want characters that I can like. None of the characters in this movie I'd want to socialize with. If I don't want to socialize with these people why do I want to watch a movie about their lives? In a movie that is clearly a character study you want the audience to actually like the characters.

1 Only because I am loyal to Bill Murray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU