Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brae
Feb 2, 2006
I lived in Japan for a while during college, and what I liked most about this film was how it captured the strange sense of alienation and loneliness one feels when being in a completely foreign culture for the first time. It's kind of a unique sensation to be surrounded by people but feel alone. I didn't feel offended by the portrayl of Japanese culture at all and it was a pleasure to see the performances of the Japanese actors.

On the other hand, I found the pacing of the movie so slow as to become boring at points.

Overall, I give it a 4.0/5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU