Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I liked the first one a lot, but I didn't like this one as much.

The first half really dragged on with problem after problem showing how being Spider-man is ruining Peter Parker's like completely. After a while I wantyed to say "enough already, I get it!" I think they piled a little too much crap on Peter Parker.

He can't even hold down a pizza delivery job, he is failing his classes, and his Aunt is being kicked out of her house. It's quite depressing, and all this setup just makes the ending seem kinda silly "Hay peter you have no money and no job and live in a lovely apartment, let's get hitched!" "OK!"

Oh, and I can't forget the angst. There is way too much time spent with Peter angsting about Mary Jane and Mary Jane angsting about Peter. A little less of that would have been better.

The combat seemed to be more of a live action comic book with two-dimensional characters then it was giving the impression that real people were fighting. Several times Spiderman falls huge, bone-shattering distances and just walks it off. Yes, this was done in the first film, but it was done a lot more in this one.

And the science dialogue showed thatt the writers were blatantly ignorant of what they were talking about. (An unshielded fusion reaction that has a human being standing 5 feet away from it? a reaction that requires robotic tentacles attached to a human? AI in the tentacles?

However, the combat sequences looked great and were very energetic. All the cast members acquitted themselves very well, particluarly Alfred Molino and James Franco.

The Green Goblin Returns ending was excellent.

I might have bitched a lot in this review, but I still thought the movie was OK. 3.5/5

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU