Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

quote:

janklow came out of the closet to say:
yeah, i was going to say, i don't think this is a documentary. but it is a really excellent film.

5.it has to exist in DVD form somewhere, because some of us (myself included) own it on DVD.

There was an old version that went out of print two years ago or so, but a new double disc special edition is coming out in early 2005. Feb I think.

This is a really spectacular movie. It's very different from other boxing films, particularly in the way it presents the actual fights, and it also gives generous amounts of attention to the characters' backgrounds and their relationships. This is Scorsese at his best, with DeNiro, Chapman (the DP) and Schrader (the writer) also all on top form. With the exception of After Hours, this is probably Scorsese's best outing so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU