Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I loved this film. I had a hunch that I would and was happy to be proved right for once. The dialogue and characters are very cheesy, but the actors play them with great relish. The plot has gaping holes (how much damned fuel does that helo have???) and relies pretty heavily on coincidence (the kid who was first to see the big dragon also kills it?) and there's plenty of other things wrong with it too, but it's a solid, enjoyable monster movie. Post-apocalyptic setting gets it extra brownie points, as does Lindisfarne setting, and, considering how preposterous a movie about modern-day dragons could be, I thought this one sells its pitch pretty well.

When I get in the mood to watch a nonsense action movie, this is the kind of nonsense action movie I want to see. (Usually in a double bill with Resident Evil.) Voted 4 with no hesitation, nearly 4.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU