Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprek
Jul 5, 2004
Directed by: René Laloux
Starring: Barry Bostwick, Cynthia Adler

On the surreal planet Ygam, the humans, known as Oms, are dominated by giant aliens, called Traags. We follow the story of one human, Terr, who grows up in captivity as the pet of one of the aliens. Eventually Terr escapes and brings his captor's learning device with him. Terr uses his knowledge to help the wild Oms prepair for when the Traags decide to exterminate them for good.

This movie had me engaged the whole time. Even at the slow parts, the visuals are so imaginative and compelling that I didn't mind that it was slow. It got better and better as the movie went on and the story progressed. It also had some pretty psychadlic music that went so nicely with it.

This movie was created in Prague during Soviet occupation, and later had to be finished in Paris because of political pressure. It won the Grand Prix award at the 1973 Cannes Film Festival.

Definately worth a watch.

5/5

RATING: 5

PROS: Compelling plot, unique animation, psychadelic music, very imaginative, and is a political statement
CONS: It's a little bit slow

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung_fu_grip
Jul 12, 2004
I made my dad take me to this movie when it came out. I was 8 years old. I didn't know there'd be boobies in it. I was impressed with it - and when I saw it on cable a few years ago, it was still pretty interesting. Fire up a bowl before watching it... it DOES tend to get a little dull.