Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardis
Jun 24, 2004
Directed by: Russ Meyer
Starring: Kelly McNamara Casey Anderson Petronella Danforth Ronnie 'Z-Man' Barz

"Horrid, but still strangely appealing" as it says in IMDB. This describes this movie almost perfectly. It has this Star Trek Technicolor Clarity that will amaze you. Though after I watched it I wanted to know the motivation for making this movie. the writter (Roger Eberts) stated that it was a parody. Watching this movie and being in the entertainment business for a couple of years - really made me like it even more, since there are so many aspects that did not seem like a parody at all. I will not describe this movie at all. Suffice to say if you are an avid movie watcher, this is definetely an experience you cannot miss.
http://www.sanchodoesasia.com/sgm/multimedia/btvotd_affiche_2.jpg

RATING: 5.5

PROS: The whole movie
CONS: The whole movie

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0065466/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!
God I love this film. It's definitely a movie you have to "get", and if you don't get it there's not much one can do to make you appreciate it. A lot of people make the mistake of taking the whole film at face value. Personally I don't see how you can get to the travel montage (which is in the first 10 minutes) and actually think the filmmakers were making anything BUT a parody, especially when it's written by Roger Ebert, a man who knows more about film cliches than just about anyone else out there. The script is fantastic if you're tuned into where Ebert was going with it, with line after line of hilarious and quotable faux-hip dialogue ("You're a groovy boy. I'd like to strap you on sometime") and an extremely memorable character in Z-Man Barzell, an obvious point of reference for Tim Curry in Rocky Horror 5 years later.

Russ Meyer's editing was also decades ahead of its time. The first party scene in particular is an amazing piece of filmmaking, both because it pretty much defines the swingin'-60s party, and because the editing is so rapid-fire and impressionistic, with subtle glimpses of weird people doing weird things, halfs of conversations, fractured dialogue...besides Peckinpah, nobody else was editing like that back then. These days it's common practice.

It has a cameo by Coleman Francis. It ends in a gender-bending quadruple murder and a triple wedding. It contains the line "You will drink the black sperm of my venegance!" If you like cult films, I don't see how you could resist this movie.