Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

helly
Oct 24, 2005

by Eris_Is_Goddess
ISP Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal
Price Paid / Price New: ~$120/$120
Year Manufactured: No idea. Probably pretty recent.
Specs:
Chrome finished steel casing
Rubber/plastic pad on pedal portion
Anti-slidy nubs on bottom
LED
Threshold knob
Uses a 9 volt battery, or essentially any adapter that works on any other effects pedal

quote:

Dimensions: 5" x 2.7" x 2.3"

Input Impedance: 500K ohms

Maximum Input Level: +12dbu

Effective Noise Reduction: greater than 60db

Dynamic Range: greater than 100db

Total Harmonic Distortion: .05% typical

Power consumption:35mA @9VDC

Release response: Program dependant based on Time Vector Processing

Sound: 5/5.
This thing sounds absolutely incredible. Now, it doesn't add to your guitar sound. Not at all. It takes away from it, in the best way possible. There is absolutely no background hum, feedback, or anything whatsoever no matter your distortion level or closeness to the amp. It uses time-vector processing to keep track of the noise and eliminate it at all stages of the sound, instead of operating as a noise-gate and cutting off your sustain to kill the background noise after playing a note. Not only will it not cut off sustain at all, it removes background noise during your playing, making your sound infinitely cleaner.

Equipment Quality: 5/5.
Great quality as far as I can tell. I have yet to gig with one, but I know Rob Arnold of Chimaira swears by his, and Christian Olde Wolbers of Fear Factory uses the rackmount version, so I figure it must be able to take some sort of beating. As far as I could tell just from using it during band practice, it's a nice, hefty little steel box, so it's pretty tough. That, and there's only one knob, an input, an output, the pedal and its tightening screw. And an LED. Pretty simple, so there ain't much to break.

Usefulness: 4/5.
It's about the most useful pedal I've ever seen. There's just one issue I had with the ease of use. Dialing in the threshold knob so that it gets rid of all the background noise, but doesn't cut into the good parts of the sound is a bitch. Took me about 20 minutes worth of frustration and testing, but it was so unbelievably worth it.

Overall Value: 5/5.
Extremely worth the price I paid for it, I'd say. Besides the few minutes of frustration to get it working right, it's a goddamn miracle in a little chrome box.

helly fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 5, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU