Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cran-Tastic
Jul 13, 2006

I must have been high when I chose this name. Making the best of it.
Title of Equipment Squier Stagemaster (Discontinued)

Price Paid / Price New: $400/$200 (CAD)

Year Manufactured: 2002

Equipment's Specifications. A 6 String stratocaster body w/ Floyd Rose, bridge humbucker and two single pickups. One Volume and one Tone knob, and a switch.

Sound: 3.5/5
Squier has a reputation for being generally bad. This isn't totally deserved; it's more accurate to say that they're inconsistant in quality. The Stagemaster, however, has generally been quite good to me, and sounds good. Not fantastic, but good. I'd put new pickups on if I wasn't meaning to replace it anyhow. For someone starting out, as I was, the guitar is great. I'm not grading the sound relative to the price, by the way; if I was, it's a solid 5.

Equipment Quality: 3.5/5
My biggest complaint is how easily the paint chips. I've had it for about 3 years, and it has some pretty sizable gouges. Also, I really hate the Floyd bridge, having used it for a while. Not being able to tune it properly if I don't have an allen key handy is a huge pain. And, you can't get a Stagemaster without one. As far as playability is concerned, though, I really like it. I even prefer it to my friend's Gibson SG, thanks to the slightly smaller neck.

Usefullness: N/A

It's a musical instrument, it doesn't have to be useful.

Overall Value: 5/5. For the price, this is a fantastic instrument. It has its shortcomings, but when it comes to sound and playability, this instrument is worth well over the $200 I paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU