Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
As an aside to the current wave of suicides, I was just wondering whats happening with the SA V Fark photoshop comp?
I know all the entries are in but I thought It was going to be anounced on the 4th. I have had a look around but no joy.

So any news on the rape of Fark?

Oh yeah heres a picture of a cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainflakes
Aug 1, 2000
Last I read (that Drew Curtis said, on Drew Curtis' Fark) Wil Wheaton was judging them, and it should be decided yesterday or today...

elpintogrande
Sep 3, 2000

Yeah, I'm working on the article, should be up this afternoon.

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001
The Pats won. There is one underdog victory this year already. There can not possibly be two. It is statistically impossible. See you all in the winner's circle.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

quote:

elpintogrande came out of the closet to say:
Thanks, I've been soiling myself in anticipation. I will remove my waste product from the forum forthwith.

brainflakes
Aug 1, 2000

quote:

EXCELLENT!

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

quote:

Please God, let victory be ours... I will sacrifice a virgin if you come through.

quote:

EvilTwig came out of the closet to say:
The Pats won. There is one underdog victory this year already. There can not possibly be two. It is statistically impossible. See you all in the winner's circle.

Tis true... it looks good. :)

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

<sports announcer/analyzer>
Notice the lack of emotion in his post. Is he upset about the SA loss or is he just puitting up a defensive shield? He's obviously trying not to say too much, but has he just given it all away? The boy has the answers, but how much has he just told us?
</end>

MikeD
Sep 29, 2001
OWNAGE.

One question, I thought the 2 sets of final entries were to be kept secret before they were sent to Wheaton, to ensure fairnetude. Didn't Fark post their finalists?

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

quote:

thisdude23 came out of the closet to say:
Please God, let victory be ours... I will sacrifice a virgin if you come through.

But, these are the SA Forums. Where are you going to find a virgin around here?!

squishborka
Jun 14, 2001

Fiwer

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps

quote:

HatfulOfHollow came out of the closet to say:
<sports announcer/analyzer>
Notice the lack of emotion in his post. Is he upset about the SA loss or is he just puitting up a defensive shield? He's obviously trying not to say too much, but has he just given it all away? The boy has the answers, but how much has he just told us?
</end>

Tee hee

Bobby
Jan 1, 2001

quote:

squishborka came out of the closet to say:
Fiwer
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRNN!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!

quote:

squishborka came out of the closet to say:
Fiwer

lol squish, that was awesome ... but I think he was being sarcastic- Well, I think he's being sarcastic, with all the E/N goodness here.

Blue's Clues
Jun 14, 2001

quote:

SoylentCola came out of the closet to show us:

That's a pretty cool picture. For a few seconds it looked to be a cat impaled mid-flight.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'm sorry to ask this, but I can't find a link to the finalists anymore. Has this been removed, or am I on crack?

----------------

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps

quote:

Azathoth came out of the closet to say:
I'm sorry to ask this, but I can't find a link to the finalists anymore. Has this been removed, or am I on crack?

Here's ours:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=114376

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

quote:

Fistgrrl came out of the closet to say:

Here's ours:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=114376
thank you

----------------

elpintogrande
Sep 3, 2000

Just posted

Sagwa
Jan 10, 2002

Delivering 100% of your RDA of Yaoi!
*mutter mutter* Can't delete posts.

Sagwa fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 5, 2002

<deleted user>
the article confused me, because i am stupid.
did we lose and it was making fun of farkers and pointing out that we should have won? or were the fark entries really that horrible?

Stranger
Jun 15, 2001
I enjoy posting while drunk. Also, I'm a
MORON
Wohoo!

SA wins, was there ever any doubt?

:)

Alan Greenspan
Jun 17, 2001

quote:

jingo came out of the closet to say:
the article confused me, because i am stupid.
did we lose and it was making fun of farkers and pointing out that we should have won? or were the fark entries really that horrible?

My vote is on "Space Nerd Wil Wheaton did not manage to judge the images on time". I base this assumption on zack's statement "and thank space nerd Wil Wheaton for taking the time to judge each and every entry and for getting me the results on time so that I could run this article".

<KTX> Hey, I am 14/f/Canada I know this will sound weird but have you ever seen a pic of people doing it????

Alan Greenspan fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 5, 2002

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps
formicae, where is your post, honey? :confused:

Rheingold = smarteyman.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Drew Curtis' Something Awful. Has a nice ring to it! <vomit>

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

quote:

Rheingold came out of the closet to say:
Yup!
I think Master Rheingold is correct, Will was too busy picking tribbles out of his barking spider.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Edit: I = Stupid.

Defiler fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 5, 2002

Alan Greenspan
Jun 17, 2001

quote:

Rheingold = smarteyman.

I passed the sarcasm class!!! I finally reached the point where I can recognize hidden, cynical messages!!!

<KTX> Hey, I am 14/f/Canada I know this will sound weird but have you ever seen a pic of people doing it????

boof
Jun 3, 2001
[edit - I suck at the read.comprehend.post]

boof fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 5, 2002

<deleted user>
Is there anything on Fark.com about this? I can't find anything amongst the horrible frontpage.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

quote:

boof came out of the closet to say:
My god. The only Fark image I looked at was the 'Beverley Hills 9021-LOL!' one, and if that made it into their top ten, I don't think I have the stomach to look at the rest.

Congratulations, dorquemada!
Um they wern't the Fark entries, I think EPG is venting bile, to hilarious effect.

MrC
Jan 15, 2001

As Seen in Print!
Heh... we still would have won if they used Fark's actual Top 10... but hey, whatever, I'll take a win either way. Go us.

<deleted user>

quote:

Rheingold came out of the closet to say:

My vote is on "Space Nerd Wil Wheaton did not manage to judge the images on time". I base this assumption on the zack's statement "and thank space nerd Wil Wheaton for taking the time to judge each and every entry and for getting me the results on time so that I could run this article".

you are the smarty man.

formicae
Jun 9, 2001

quote:

formicae, where is your post, honey? :confused:

I got confused. By the time I was about to post essentially the same thing as Rheingold did, well, he already had.

Edit: So who did the Drew Curtis's Fark photoshops, anyway? Some of the titles made me laugh, and the stinky photoshopping was...stinky.

I thought Mr.Wheaton's reviews of the Fark ones were odd, but I only really caught on when I recognised the fellow in "Drew Curtis' Fark Dot Com on TV1" as a picture that was in a thread here a few days back.

formicae fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 5, 2002

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
It was a good idea, too bad the judge sucked at the judging on time. Next time let's get a judge who can judge on time.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
AHAHAHA nice work EPG.

Making wilwheaton.net today's ALOD is also a nice touch. I wonder if Fiffy will start stalking Wil Wheaton now.

By the way, there's a thread about the update over on Bram Stoker's Drew Curtis' FARK now (but no comments yet).

graedus
Jul 12, 2001
My poor decisions are backed up by :10bux:.
THE GORE-ESQUE CHICANERY HAS BEGUN.

"SomethingAwful announces Drew Curtis's Fark vs Drew Curtis's Something Awful photoshop contest. Except those don't look like our submissions"

Why must they lie? Can't they simply accept that we are a PHOTOSHOPPING POWERHOUSE WITH FULLY-STOCKED GUN CABINETS?

quote:

The brilliance of Fark users on display:
02-05-02 02:55:26 PM JoKev
drat!! I wish I'd though of World's Most Erotic Police Videos. ROFLMAO! I wonder if this was just a late (or runner up) entry for the contest - it's good enough.

graedus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 5, 2002

debaser
Apr 14, 2001
I think usernames of the Fark submissions should be a small clue.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Was there any doubt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graedus
Jul 12, 2001
My poor decisions are backed up by :10bux:.

quote:

raditts came out of the closet to say:
Was there any doubt?
Among us? No.

Among them?

quote:

NO NO NO!! THIS IS BULLSH|T GUYS... WHERE'S MY "LET'S MAKE A METH DEAL" THAT CAME IN SECOND ON fARK'S VOTING , WHICH PUT IT IN THE TOP 10 ?!?!? wHO'S LIN AND hIZZOUSE WEREN'T EVEN THERE !!! WTF ?!?!?!??!?!
I WISH I WAS MAKING THIS UP. http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=111223