Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColonelCarnage
Feb 10, 2003
Also keeping this short... perhaps it's because I didn't expect much from the movie, but this was quite entertaining film. It doesn't stumble over itself or take itself too seriously, is well-paced and is a very good throwback to the campy sci-fi flicks of early cinema.

At first glance I thought the odd lighting and Adobe Final Effect-like pastels would cripple the movie. Not so at all... if anything, it allows you to get into the story. The CGI is well done and appropriate, and the characters seem to have depth despite the dancing nature of the film.

For some reason I kinda feel that this is the sort of thing Lucas had in mind with Star Wars. Without a doubt this is a swashbuckling sci-fi opera attempting to be on a grander scale.

Here's for more refreshing films like Sky Captain that you can walk away from and feel entertained without wanting to drill a hole in your skull later.

Edit: Score this a solid 4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU