Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamstersAPerson
Mar 7, 2004
INBRED
Directed by: Kim Sung-Jin
Starring: Kim Sung-Jin

Attack the Gas Station! is about four bored and South(Of course South what, did you think i meant NORTH Korea!?) Korean teenagers in their late teens(around 18-21 years old) that are really bored one night and decide to raid a gas station and take all it's money.

One month later they decide to raid the exact same gas station in the same nihilistic manner as last time; the only difference is that while robbing it, they decide to run it and deal with the customers THEY'RE way. They end up takeing other customers as captives and getting inot trouble with the police, gans and ALOT more.

It's a very funny, well-done and fast-paced movie that also talks about social structure and finding out what one is cabable of when forced to do something.

The only down side to this movie is that sense this is probably the director's fiirst movie, there are some aching plot-holes. One is that ***MINOR SPOILER ALERT**** [MODNOTE: THEN USE SPOILER TAGS YOU IDIOT. ACTUALLY, JUST DON'T INCLUDE SPOILERS AT ALL]in the middle of the movie when they shove there 2nd and 3rd customers in the trunk of there car, there never heard from again. The audience never knows what happened to them and It's obvious the director forgot about this little plot detail.***END MINOR SPOILER ALERT***

MIinor complaints aside, this is a really cool movie that fans of movies like "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch" and really anyone that wants to see a good movie should also check out.

RATING: 4.0

PROS: Very funny, keeps you guessing what might happen next, is a lot like Guy Ritchie's
CONS: Some plot holes that directior didin't fill in probably because he just forgot about.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 3, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
I agree with most of the points above, but did not find it as funny.
I was told that its hilarious if you are Korean (part of the focus is the rejection of age/wealth caste system in Korea) and understand such things.

If you are the kind of person that finds throwing beer bottles at houses funny, you will love this movie. Almost everyone else will chuckle but ultimately grow fairly bored. Note: I found Snatch to be hilarious

3/5

notation
Aug 11, 2004
I understand the social commentary that this movie was trying to make, but it still didn't make the movie any funnier.

I really have nothing else to say than that.

Boring comedy.

2/5 (and I'm being generous).