Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

In episode 10 where Jessica Edwards wins the election, what exactly was it an election for? It doesn't seem that they bothered to explain that little detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Is there anywhere I can find spoiler-free character descriptions and maybe even pictures of them? I'm terrible at remembering faces/names and who does what in a normal show, let alone one that introduces a half dozen new characters an episode.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Thanks, that's great.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

CA's translation is pretty decent most of the time, but SOMETIMES :argh:

This translation for this entire episode (33) has been pretty iffy.

e: Also, "However, nevertheless..."

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 28, 2011

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

So I'm watching episode 34 (where Yang reaches Iserlohn) and there's something I don't get. The Imperial fleet is advancing on the retreating fleet containing Yang, and Yang executes "Formation D" (a giant ring). The Imperial commander says to break through, turn around and counterattack from the outside. He's told this isn't possible because "the enemy is fully occupying the useable space of the Corridor."

What? I understand they can only warp through navigation corridors, but surely they can move normally outside of those corridors? Am I missing something or is there no other reason other than the plot needed it to be that way?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Wow, the change in style in episode 37 is pretty dramatic. I figured a 110 episode show that was released over 9 years would probably change a bit over time, but not all at once.

And I think I liked it better before, honestly. It looks a bit too much like a Disney movie now.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I'm curious, what's the general consensus as to what the best arc of the show is? If there even is a consensus.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

In case people didn't know (I haven't seen anything about it in the thread), there's BD rips of LoGH out now. As you'd expect, the quality isn't a whole lot better than the DVDs, but I think it's worth having over the DVD rips. Plus, softsubs.

http://bakabt.me/163344-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-ginga-eiyuu-densetsu-bluray-x264-720p-10bit-aac.html

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=262181

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I can distinguish a fair bit of difference when it's in motion, but then when I try to compare two identical scenes there's hardly any difference at all. So I dunno. I have plenty of hard drive space, so I might as well keep it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh yeah, they're definitely upscales. It'd be nice if we could get LoGH BDs that looks as good as the Zeta Gundam BDs, but that'll never happen. At least the actual content is much, much better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

You're overstating the size difference. The entire DVD rips are 29.8GB and the BD rips are 44.5GB. I dunno about you, but 15GB is nothing for me. It's not even 1% of my total HD space.