Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Quick question getting into this and loving it.

But according to the op these are prequels:

(Optional Prequels)
Gaiden 1 - 4 Episodes
Gaiden 2 - 4 Episodes
Gaiden 3 - 4 Episodes
Gaiden 4 - 12 Episodes
Spiral Labyrinth - 14 Episodes
Mutineer - 4 Episodes
The Duelist - 4 Episodes
Retriever - 4 Episodes
3rd Battle of Tiamat - 2 Episodes

Shouldn't i watch that before the main series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Thanks, is there a list of character names with their portraits? I am having some problems remembering who is who unfortunately (i spent a good chunk of the first movie thinking the other character was yang). The wiki's have a ton of spoilers, which kind of ruins it.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Go RV! posted:

The size of that would be absolutely huge. You don't need to know everyone by name, just be aware of the major players. They'll keep popping up the name/titles for a long time.

You'll learn to identify them in time. Just remember Yang and Dusty are two different characters.

Yeah i have been doing that, i just kind of like to put a face to a name. :downs:

Nate RFB posted:

I do have these handy for whatever reason:

That is perfect thank you.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Half way through the show. Did they redo certain scenes at some point? The show seems to constantly switch between extremely clear and crisp visuals that look newer, to older style more murky visuals.

:psyduck:

*EDIT* Also what happened to Merkatz? (the Imperial fleet guy who defected to Yang, after Lohengram took over?) I am on episode 49, and he just kind of disappeared awhile ago. I don't want to google it because the wiki has already spoiled some stuff for me :smith:

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 5, 2013

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Why did episode 51 suddenly turn up the blood and gore? It feels so random and out of place

:psyduck:

*EDIT* Why is Merkatz standing with Prince Lohengram at the end of episode 51?

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 6, 2013

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

tonberrytoby posted:

Isn't that only one of his lookalikes, there are several.
Yup that extra violence also got pretty distracting for me.

I rewatched it, and he has a slightly different haircut, and mustache than Merkatz. But his hair color, and uniform are identical to Merkatz.

Honestly one of the most confusing part of the show is trying to keep track of fleets. After episode 50, i was very confused since i swear roughly 3 minutes earlier in the show, all Lohengrams admirals were with him, forming the walls.

But now apparently none of them were? :psyduck:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
According to the playlist i have for LOGH, after episode 54 there is a movie called LOGH: Golden Wings. Do i even need to watch this, because it is really odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Alright thanks.

DamnGlitch posted:

I am not quite sure how that movie got in your playlist.

Someone posted a 165 part playlist on youtube of LOGH, which seems to be the exact same subs/videos as the first few episodes from the torrent. So i have been watching it on that.