Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Conversely, BakaBT has torrents fore everything (First one you want is "A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights" and the second one you want is "Spiral Labyrinth"):

http://www.bakabt.com/browse.php?q=Legend+of+Galactic+Heroes

E: Golden Wings is supposedly pretty bad, by the way. The other prequels are pretty good though.

At risk of a derail, how big a deal is it to keep your ratio good on BakaBT? I've been hesitant to sign up for an account there because anytime I've used them, I've never uploaded because nobody else is interested in anything I'm getting. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

Like any torrent just stay on and seed back what you take, it's not a huge deal. As for ratios, if you let it get really bad there might be some sort of consequence, but as far as I know unless you get involved with the community there (why) I don't think you have to worry too much about ratio dick waving.

I cant remember if bakabt has a credit system. I seem to recall being able to 'donate' to improve your ratio, but that might have been a different site.

That's the problem though, I download for 2 hours and seed for a week and never upload anything. Baka does have a credit system where you can donate money or you can rent a seedbox or something to help.

I was mostly concerned because the FAQ made it sound like you get IP banned if your ratio drops below a cutoff but sounds like it's not so bad unless you're absolutely horrible, so I'll probably register so I can search. Thanks!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wade Wilson posted:

Odd, that link worked perfectly. I didn't get a page telling me to register.

Thanks!

Yes, you can go directly to the page for a torrent with no login, you just can't search.