Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Also chiming in to say what an amazing series it was and glad I stuck with it. I watched all 110 episodes over the course of several weeks a few months ago and now everything else doesn't compare. The first season was a slow burn and it was annoying to watch dumb characters continue to act dumb to make Wen-li and Reinhardt look good, but once the supporting cast was setup, season 2 and onwards was bliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

To be fair, I didn't like the first dozen or so episodes too. There were just too many characters introduced just to act like idiots in order to make Yang/Reinhard look good. But yeah towards of Season 1 was when it finally grabbed me.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tomn posted:

Most of the admirals on both sides of the war early on, I'd say. They're clearly not intended to be sympathetic and most of them are portrayed using a single note, that note being "I CANNOT FIND MY rear end WITH BOTH HANDS AND A MAP" with the rider "I AM LEADING MILLIONS TO THEIR DEATHS BECAUSE I AM A DUM DUM"

They may not be evil, but nobody's rooting for them, either.

Yeah that was my criticism as well early in the show. Not so much evil but more completely idiotic in a way to just make the protagonists look good by comparison. It does get better by the end of season 1 though.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Chocobo posted:

Thread should be titled "More people should watch Three Kingdoms"

I'm convinced. Need something to wash away the shittiness of Marco Polo.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Condense the entire show into twelve episodes. LoGH: the Cliffnotes edition. :unsmigghh:

On the flip side, make it a played for straight documentary like the one Julian saw.