Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Conduit for Sale! posted:

So I'm watching episode 34 (where Yang reaches Iserlohn) and there's something I don't get. The Imperial fleet is advancing on the retreating fleet containing Yang, and Yang executes "Formation D" (a giant ring). The Imperial commander says to break through, turn around and counterattack from the outside. He's told this isn't possible because "the enemy is fully occupying the useable space of the Corridor."

What? I understand they can only warp through navigation corridors, but surely they can move normally outside of those corridors? Am I missing something or is there no other reason other than the plot needed it to be that way?

Supposedly the corridor is the only space not full of black holes and other things that would make navigation rather dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Draft me in, I have lost all excuses not to sing.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

DamnGlitch posted:

As stated above, but yeah. I don't know about the blurays but I know at some point the whole series on DVD (mind you, just SERIES and not movie / prequels) were in the range of 3,000 dollars USD.

If it makes you happy you can buy a nice passport HDD that'll hold the whole bluray rip and put that on your shelf (and save about 2900 dollars).

If he wants to learn French I seem to remember there being a French blu ray set for around 200 dollars or so.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

It seemed pretty clear to me when I was doing my watch through that Yang was freaking because people were going over his head in imposing a bodyguard on him even in the command deck of his Flagship where he felt safe and didn't feel the need to be guarded 24/7. Or am I missing

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Patter Song posted:

I'm starting to think that people were way off for criticizing the lack of women in Legend of Galactic Heroes.

No poo poo there's few women...this is the gayest setting ever written.

There's only homoerotic subtext in the TV version...in the book it's the most blatant text I've encountered in a long time. Pretty much without exclusion every male character who has been introduced who has met Reinhard wants to bang Reinhard and the narrator has said so in so many words, and while there are references to anonymous women characters who also do, none have actually been named yet.

Couple that with the references to Kaiser Rudolf "the Great" banning homosexuality 400 years ago, creating a closet case dynamic in Imperial society, and it's easy to imagine that the entire cast is closet cases trying to feel each other out through innuendo.

Your analysis definitely makes the apocryphal story of the Otaku at an early comicket who had happened upon the first LOGH Yaoi Doujin who proclaimed "It's already as gay as it gets, how can you make it more gay!?!" even more credible.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Aw hell yes. If we can get to the events of 26 then I feel people will be willing to go in for the long run.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

pentyne posted:

Is this the oldest active thread in SA?

Some thread in coupons has this one beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

We’re getting more Neue These people!

https://myanimelist.net/news/60714731