Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Hey guys I hear the solution to mentally unstable officers is to just give them whatever they want instead of you know, discharging them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

I was under the impression that Bewcock was saying more of a "gently caress it, if he won't wake up for this, I'm doing whatever I think is best"

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

tsob posted:

About the only thing he could do in that case would have been to order his own fleet to withdraw and maybe say that he's doing so to the other fleets. Which he didn't do. Unless "whatever I think best" turns out to have been "say something kind of passive aggressive" and nothing more, then I don't think that was the intention.

Didn't Yang say that he wanted Bewcock to be the one telling everyone to withdraw since it would work better than doing it himself? One issue is that it doesn't really give us a good idea of the timeline, so it's not clear how much time passed between Fork melting down and the Imperial attack starting. We know at the beginning of the episode 11 that the supply convoy had started to be underway, so it's not unimaginable that the Empire attacked before an organized withdrawal could be made. That said, I'm not familiar with the source material.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Ah yes the space Klan that was thwarted by fire hoses lawn sprinklers despite being armed with grenades.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 28, 2018

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

I just got a hold of the original, and just finished the first movie.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

I wonder if they've noticed the typo in the episode 13 title yet.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with episode 16 on crunchyroll? Last night I chalked it up to technical difficulties, but it's doing the exact same thing tonight, just hangs and fails to load any more near the end of the opening theme. The episode title doesn't show up on the episode select screen either, unlike the other ones on there.

I was able to load and seek through the whole episode, though the title isn't showing up. I see they also haven't fixed the typo in the E13 title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

YoursTruly posted:

I don't know if this was ever officially stated, but I always assumed that Oberstein's eyes recorded video, possibly including sound. Was that the case, or were they just regular artificial eyeballs?

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I believe that's correct. Of the top of my head there is that implication when he takes one of his eyes out after meeting with the thought police guy that i can't remember the name of.