Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Where would we slot Merkatz in these pics? Also, anyone else think he looks like Charles Bronson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

CrackedWindow posted:

Thinking of watching this. How many episodes are subbed and is the cast introduced gradually or overwhelmingly all at once?

Its all subbed.

I'd say gradual bursts during the two dozen, after that minor characters pop up every now and then.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

WYA posted:

I'm on episode 45 and the things happening right now I cant loving see how there's 60 more episodes of this show left.

Because of the constant "surely there will be peace in the galaxy now" at the end of every episode, right?

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Anybody feel sympathetic towards Bergengrun. Poor guy did nothing to deserve losing his master twice, then he ups and offs himself.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

How did everyone watch the show? I restricted myself to only 2 episodes a day. I'd come home for lunch and watch the first, then I'd watch the second before bed. It took me about two months and it still felt too short.

Did it in a fortnight. Though normally I like to finish my anime in a week. The only 2 anime that have taken me longer is Monster and this.

Benagain posted:

My friends all hate me because I will not shut up about it.

Sounds like friends hate good anime, convert or ditch them.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

The reason it will never be licensed is because the archaic Japanese business practices, particularly the anime industry, mean that buying the complete series on DVD costs the equivalent of nearly $2,000. And apparently the demands of the company that owns it have never been met by any American distributor, so it remains unlicensed to this day.

It's such a loving shame.

Even if this was the case, I can't think of any English VAs who could pull off Reinhard/Yang.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Infected posted:

And it all ends with the world capital of Brisbane, Australia.

As an Australian I lol'd so hard when watching this part for the first time. Of all the places they could have picked they chose loving Brisbane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

mikeycp posted:

We're definitely open to 2 cour series. Mononoke is one of the shows we're looking at doing for season 2.

The Ghibli one or the Toei one?