Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Just started watching this and holy moly. This is fantastic.

Then once the PKC shows up: :tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kanos posted:

It's more that they were thwarted by the prospect of the actual authorities showing up and arresting them once the fire alarm went off. The Space KKK are hugely dangerous but they're still technically outlaw terrorists despite their implicit political support.

If they want to actually assassinate someone, they'll beat the guy to death in a parking garage or car bomb him or something.
Love LOTGH but I'm just jumping in to say the PKC is pretty clearly modeled on actual far right groups that do that stuff. In Japan in the 1980s I'm sure but I've personally witnessed a group in the U.S. (me watching from Yang's perspectice) try to pull something like that off (sans grenades) and they were basically operating on a stopwatch to time their visit to go for about two minutes before booking it to escape any potential trouble with the cops. Other than the firehoses, wrestling with a space cat and, again, the grenades the depiction is pretty accurate and probably one of the most accurate depictions of what it's like to witness an IRL fascist group (today) when it's doing its thing that I've seen in a fictional medium. Also the use of vans / bigger trucks to move the whole unit in and out fast is spot on. U.S. and European groups use more light though so imagine all those guys having flashlights mounted on their uniforms creating a dazzle effect and some holding lit road flares while yelling a bunch. Like a smoke and light show designed to look intimidating. They try to be spooky: doodly-doodly-doo!!

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 12, 2019