Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

(anyone know if the German there is correct or not? Lord knows they screwed up English enough, I'd bet their German isn't much better)

It's very close, as has been said you'd want to capitalize Gleiche. The other thing is that you have to change one more thing for the whole male/female/neutrum thing the german language has going on.

Zu jeder Zeit,
an jedem Ort
bleibt das Tun
der Menschen das Gleiche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

There is a manga adaptation, but I can't really say anything about it's quality or content. Though I think that it's from the same person that was responsible for the Golden Wings movie. Which is also why it looks so different, same art style between those two.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

You don't miss anything, the Gaidens were produced after the series as far as I'm aware. You'll obviously have some characters that come up in the main series make appearances during the Gaidens and one of the side stories foreshadows something that comes up way later in the series. The Gaidens all wary in quality and animation so it's kind of jarring going back and forth between them. Overall you are probably better off finishing the main series and then if you really want more LoGH watch the Gaidens.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Madmarker posted:

Jesus, why was it never brought Stateside?

Just hearsay, but one point I've often seen being made is that some of the classical musicpieces are apparently very expensive to license, so the money that'd have to be paid upfront for a niche show is a very tall wall.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The internet fallout would be something to behold if they keep most of Schenkopp's little sideplots with Poplan, etc. intact.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Prince Braunschweig and some of the people surrounding him are probably the ones that come the closest, but that's probably to be expected after several generations of inbreeding.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And it all ends with the world capital of Brisbane, Australia.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Pretty sure that was the colony drop meant for Jaburo that went off course and then instead dropped on Australia.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Atleast LoGH ends with a female character as arguably the single most powerful political figure in the galaxy. A female character that caused one of the biggest and most important plot twists by going against the wishes of her male peers. Just thinking about this makes me hate women.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

There's also atleast Admiral Wahlen who loses an arm during the attack on earth.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

You don't like LoGH, cool. We get it.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

quote:

Exactly three minutes later, Captain Walter von Schönkopf appeared in front of Yang. He was the Captain of the Rosen Ritter, or "Knights of the Rose" regiment, which was affiliated with the Alliance Armed Forces ground battle commissioner's department. He was a man in his early thirties with a refined appearance, though those of his own gender often considered him a "pretentious SOB".

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The most astonishing thing about the book so far is that they manage to make you dislike Andrew Fork even more.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Remember the "lucky" Ulysses that became Yang's Flagship later on, I don't remember if this little tidbit made it into the show.

quote:

The battleship Ulysses had taken damage from imperial cannon fire. This damage was of the "minor but serious" variety. What had been destroyed was the microbe-based wastewater treatment system, and for that reason, the crew was forced to continue fighting with their feet drenched in regurgitated sewage.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

KlavoHunter posted:

ALL other Alliance Fleets suffered the same problem, including Bucock's, IIRC. What did Yang do, without any additional resources, that everyone else was too stupid to do?

According to the book the only riots happened on planets that the 7th Fleet was responsible for. Shortly before the attack Yang is talking with the commander of the 10th Fleet who notes he still has about a week of supplies left.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Raku posted:

Trump isn't Rubinsky he's the loser idiot guy that declares his planet independent and starts wearing a toga

Gigantic Ego, inherited wealth, dubious finances, incompetent. This checks out.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I don't know Sitolet and later Bucock seem competent enough, but the overall system has degraded to such a point that they can't really do anything on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The prequel stuffs varies in quality quite a bit. There are a few interesting tidbits in them though.