Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013
Thinking of watching this. How many episodes are subbed and is the cast introduced gradually or overwhelmingly all at once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013
How does the manga compare?

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013

Takes No Damage posted:

Yea the first handful of episodes are a little names-character heavy since everyone is being introduced. Eventually the major players will get enough screen time and become easily recognizable, and anyone else of note will continue to get little name/title popups in the subs when they show up after a long absence. If you're grabbing subs I recommend getting the ones by Central Anime. They've been subbing this show for like 10 years at this point and seem to have gotten the style/tone of the characters down to a science at this point. Also don't watch episodes 1 and 2, replace them with the movie Overture to a New War as it is much better paced and provides a smoother introduction to the show in general.

Interesting. So episode 3 picks up right where the movie ends?

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

It's more that the movie ends in more or less the same spot that episode 2 does. But yes, I would also recommend skipping the first two episodes to watch both movies and then start with episode 3.

What's the second movie i should watch? I know the first one is "Overture to a New War". What do the movies show more of in (i'm guessing)180 minutes that the first two episodes cover in 45 minutes?

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

It's in the OP!

Sorry, my bad. I'm guessing i should watch "Overture to a new battle first".

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013
Got round to watching "My Conquest is The Sea of Stars". Definitely intriguing. It seems that the Empire are a bit easier to sympathize with but i'm sure this will change as i watch. I'm sure Wen-Li isn't the only smart guy on the opposite side.

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013
I just got up to about episode 20 and while it's an amazing show so far I have a few questions. Why is Prince Braunschweig rebelling against the little kid Kaiser? I thought that little kid was part of the Goldenbaum dynasty? Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013
How do you actually pronounce Kircheis? Is the pronounciation really Kir-hee-ice in German?

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013
The narrator of this series was amazing even if he did spoil some major deaths. It was pretty surreal when he casually quoted Reinhard but then added that there were "no credible historical documents" to confirm that Reinhard ever said the quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

The fake history channel episode is one of my favorites. The talking heads, the editing, the ostentatious bookcases and decor in the background when the various "experts" talk, all of it screams WWII History Week.

Is there a list of such episodes? Planning on rewatching them.