Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Am I the only one who can't help but think "meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom" every time we see Luthor Rubinsky plotting in his office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Replace Trump with Trunicht. Think anyone would notice the difference?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So, how long do you think it'll be before there's a Stellaris mod?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Well, we knew there was an LoGH fan there when they added an achievement to EUIV called "The Fezzan Corridor".

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I wonder what sort of books they'll write about Oberstein in-universe. He really is a fascinating character.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So here's a question: how would things have changed in the rest of the series if Kircheis were still alive?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Patter Song posted:

Reinhard's crazy hardon for directly leading the fleet mano-a-mano at Vermillion might've been tempered. Kircheis would be desperately trying to tell Reinhard to let him take the lead and, barring that, would be trying to use his whole branch of the fleet as human shields for Reinhard, which would've complicated Yang's decapitation strategy which very nearly succeeded.

On the flipside, would Yang have tried that in the first place knowing that Kircheis was there to get in the way? If taking out Reinhard isn't a realistic possibility, it might be worth considering whether to evacuate the government from Heinessen (which would have been a good idea anyway, given how things turn out) and relocate it somewhere more defensible. Or, if that isn't an option, seek terms while the FPA might still be able to bargain for something better than abject surrender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Pretty sure the idealized version of Trump would be Rubinsky.

I do agree that Reinhard would seize power for himself, but that would probably involve him voting for himself. His whole rise in the show involved him using and abusing the existing power structure of his nation; in today's America, that would be the government. Well, probably a glorious military career first, an early promotion to flag rank, an equally early retirement, and then moving into politics.